Ronald D. Barber, a shareholder at Strassburger McKenna Gutnick & Gefsky in Pittsburgh, is an experienced trial lawyer who concentrates on media and First Amendment law and personal injury, professional malpractice and commercial litigation.
Mr. Barber served as law clerk to the Honorable Ronald W. Folino of the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County. He also has taught high school history and college and postgraduate media law and ethics classes. Mr. Barber is a native of Tacoma, Wash.
- S.M.C. v. W.P.C., 44 A.3d 1181 (Pa. Super. 2012)
- McVickerv. King, 266 F.R.D. 92, 96 (W.D.Pa.2010)
- Arnold v. Penn. Dept. of Transp., 477 F.3d 105 (3d Cir. 2007)
- Curinga v. City of Clairton, 357 F.3d 305 (3d Cir. 2004)
- Tribune-Review Publishing Company v. Westmoreland County Housing Authority, 574 Pa. 661, 833 A.2d 112, 116 (2003).
- United States v. Dollar Bank Money Market Account No. 1591768456, 980 F.2d 233, 237 (3d Cir.1992)
- Commonwealth of PA v. Flaherty, 983 F.2d 1267, 1269 (3d Cir. 1983)
- American Civil Liberties Union, Pittsburgh Chapter, member of the Legal Committee
- Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc., past president (2005-2016)
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, former director
- Anti-Predatory Lending Project of the Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group, former legal affairs vice chairman
- Alzheimer’s Association
- United Way of Allegheny County
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Scouting for Food program
- Aleppo Township Zoning Hearing Board, member
From Our Blog